Monday, February 14, 2005

Good morning!

Teresa just called with the morning update. He's off the vasopressin! They've also gone as low as they want to on the oscillator settings, so if he responds well, they're going to move him to a regular ventilator soon.

He's getting stronger and is moving around a bit more, so they're increasing his sedative levels, but as soon as they get him on the normal ventilator, they'll start bringing those back down. They don't want him to be awake much at all when he's on the oscillator, because a piston ramming air into your lungs 8 times a second isn't very comfortable.

They also weighed him this morning. He's a little more than 10 1/2 lbs, so you can see how much excess fluid there was in him. They're trying to get him back down to his birth weight. He peed out another 1/3 of a liter this morning, so he's on track.

Just all sorts of good news this morning! :)

8 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet you never thought you would be excited and happy about lots of wet diapers ... :-). Great news - looking forward to hearing more positive progress reports. Ray Harris

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Doug and Teresa, Baby Andrew and all of you are in our prayers. I am so happy that Andrew is here and pray that he will continue to improve. His afghan is waiting for him to come home!

Lynne Bigelow

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug and Teresa,
I'm so glad to hear Andrew is continuing to improve. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
-Terri Duchen

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug & Theresa,
My husband, Stu Berke forwarded your webpage to me. I can truly understand what you are going through right now. Our daughter was put on a respirator when she was born and stayed in the NICU for two weeks. They truly do wonders in the NICU. Our daughter is 12 years old now (I say she is going on 17) and you would never have known that she was so sick when she was born. I pray that in 12 years all you will have to worry about is keeping up with Andrew's busy schedule. In the meantime, our thoughts & prayers are with both of you.
Maria Berke

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

iloveu fromJamie

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

iloveu fromJamie

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug and Teresa,
We are praying for Andrew every day. We love you. "Aunt" Melanie

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know me, I am your sister-in-law Melanie's friend. I have been praying for Andrew, just read the blog; the power of prayer (not just mine, I know many have been praying) is amazing. God bless you all.
Beth Grant (Suffolk, Virginia)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home